The GEM e2 is purpose-built for on-road use as a personnel transport and light hauler. It conforms to NHTSA CFR Title 49 571.500, Low Speed Vehicle Regulations and is licensable as such in 45 states, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and Georgia.
The GEM e2 is powerful and comfortable. Complete weather protection is available with optional full doors and roll up windows. If you need to carry cargo you can choose from a trunk, S-box or flatbed with solid sides. Other options include windshield washer, heater, defroster, tilt steering, electric power steering, chrome or rugged bumpers and more.
The GEM e2 is an environmentally friendly, practical and efficient solution ideal for use as a maintenance or security vehicle on college campuses, apartment complexes, parks and recreation departments and a host of other applications. Now manufactured by Polaris, the entire line of GEM vehicles has been re-designed to meet the challenges of regular all day use.
e2 Battery Ranges
Five battery options allow you to choose exactly which batteries fit your driving needs the best. Whether you only run short errands or shuttle people all day, GEM® has the right batteries for you.
- Flooded Electrolyte: Value battery requires regular maintenance.
- Maintenance Free: Leak free, spill proof design never needs refilling.
- Distance Maintenance Free: For increased confidence, especially in hilly terrain.
- Lithium-Ion 8.9 kWh: Lightweight and hard-working for maximum range and 3X more battery life.
- Lithium-Ion 12.4 kWh: Maximum range for shuttle and other high demand applications.
Average range value determined via a testing process representing recorded typical drive patterns. Actual results will vary depending on temperature, grade, payload and driving style.
NEV values attained via testing in accordance with NEV America requirements with continuous use on a horizontal grade.